Friday, February 5, 2010

Victoria Beckham: “I’m Not a Supermodel”



Victoria Beckham is rarely snapped without her super-high heels and oversize shades, but, the star reveals, her “Posh” persona is hardly an accurate portrayal of her. “I love fashion, and that’s how I express myself,” Victoria tells Glamour in their March issue.

“When I dress in a certain way and do my hair and makeup in a certain way, it’s not to get attention. I’m not a supermodel. I make the best of what I’ve got. I work out to look the best that I can, but I’m no Gisele.”

In fact, Victoria even cops to suffering for her love of fashion, just like the rest of us. Of her signature stilettos, the 35 year-old admits, “Absolutely they hurt. I’m not going to lie. But no pain, no gain, as they say. I don’t mind. I will suffer. I don’t wear heels every day, but when I’m out, that’s how I feel confident.”

Following the success of her star-loved line of dresses, Victoria is getting back into the denim game with the spring relaunch of her jeans collection. “I’m such a perfectionist,” she explains of taking a few seasons off from denim design. “I’ve worked really hard [with my team] to get it right.”

And this time around, it was all about the silhouette: “Long, slim legs. Really good design. I’m not saying that you’ve got to be a stick to wear them. You can be all different shapes and sizes.”

Pick up Glamour’s March issue, on newsstands February 9, or visit Glamour.com to hear more from Victoria.

–Andrea DeSimone and David Yi
Taken from StyleNews