Thursday, March 6, 2014

CIAA WRAP UP: Hearts for Handbags Sip & Shop

While the city was all abuzz during the CIAA Tourment week/weekend in Charlotte, NC; I attended a noteworthy cause that is very near and dear to my heart. 




 S. "Keema" Bouyer, CEO of Queens English PR, had a fabulous event in the name of women and heart health. The 'Hearts for Handbags' Sip & Shop, was an event very nicely put together. There we're male and female vendors alike helping to support the cause.





While there were very nice purses and handbags, don't let the name fool you. There were tables of amazing jewelry, many handmade pieces, clothing, books with a wealth of information, hair demonstrations, and I certainly can't forget the music; provided by none other than the dopest female DJ that I know, Power 98's DJ Yasmin Young. She absolutely did her thing on the 1s and 2s.



There were drinks of all types, whatever your fancy, it was there. The atmosphere was fun and friendly as I walked around and spoke with each vendor. Even getting a few silly snapshots of myself, my daughter, and DJ Yasmin Young. 



As Ms. Keema took the mic she thanked everyone for coming and shared with us, why this cause is so important to her. Herself, her mom, as well as other family members suffer from either high blood pressure or heart disease which is indeed a pandemic in the female African American community. So it truly warms my heart to see someone taking a stand and time, to educate, bring awareness to, and support such an important cause.



Not only was this event in support of the American Heart Association but the collection of handbags helped to support the 'Dress for Success' project as well as 'The Salvation Army'. I was indeed honored to be apart of such a momentous event.


The desserts provided were delectable, tasty, and just plain yummy. There were a plethora of other homemade treats such as candy and candy apples. Though I couldn't try them all, they looked really inviting.



In concluding my time at the 'Hearts for Handbags' Sip & Shop, I was very grateful to have been invited to an event that hits so close to home. I truly do look forward to many more of Queens English PR's events and would like to extend a warm Thank You for all that you're doing to bring attention and awareness to this cause.


I would also like to say, please always support local and small businesses.

Connect with Queens English PR via the internet at: www.queensenglishpr.com
Facebook: Queens English PR
Twitter: @QnsEnglish_PR
Pinterest: Keema B




Dee Shaw,
Fashion & Beauty Blogger