Saturday, February 2, 2013

INTERVIEW: Rubies Rising Footwear & Apparel



What is Rubies Rising and How did it get started?

 Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Victoria, and I am an engineer from Fayetteville, NC. The Queen City has been my home for three years now, and I'm convinced we are a perfect pair--dynamic, ambitious, energetic, and eager to make our mark.
Beyond footwear, Rubies Rising is a movement. We are dedicated to encouraging, empowering, and enabling women to live victoriously. Why? Because confident, powerful, vision-conscious women make an impact. We invite you to browse our collection and join us as we make a mark that can never be erased!


Do you have any store front locations, in addition to your online boutique? If not, do you plan to have any? If so, where and is there a time frame you have in mind for its launching?
 

Currently we are online, and can also be found at Dupp & Swat Boutique in NoDa (Charlotte). As the brand and the collection grows, I may consider a storefront location—right now, online shopping is a perfect fit!

Have you had any trunk shows to display your fashions? If so, when is the next one? If not, are you planning any?

We are looking to partner with local venues host private shopping event in the coming months.
 
 Do you have female and male apparel?

Rubies Rising is exclusively a women’s apparel brand, but I have had several men inquire about the t-shirt designs. I look forward to doing a line for men in the future.

Who is your favorite designer and why?

My favorite designer is Ralph Lauren, both for his fashion and for his business savvy. He has created an aspiration brand with classic wardrobe staples that never go out of style, and has managed to develop his products in such a way that almost anyone can take home a piece of the Ralph Lauren world. From couture to ready-to-wear fashion, he has established himself as a perennial power in the industry. (I’m actually wearing a Ralph Lauren polo right now!)

How do you primarily advertise and how effective is this method for you?

I primarily advertise through social networking. Partnering with online magazines and blogs has greatly expanded my reach; I want to be wear my consumers are, and that’s on the Internet. I find it’s afforded me the opportunity to connect with them both professionally and personally, through my website (http://www.RubiesRising.com), Twitter/Instagram (@rubiesrising), and blog (Youtube: rubiesrising).

What are your goals within 2013 for your business?

My goals for Rubies Rising in 2013 are to build a solid consumer base and partner with local community organizations to mentor young ladies. I will be hosting a workshop (Personal Branding) at this year’s D.I.V.A. EmPOWERment conference here in Charlotte, and hope to book more events like this throughout the year. I really want to focus on expanding the t-shirt and shoe lines, and am working on my very first blazers to add to the collection. 


What do you enjoy most about the fashion industry?

I enjoy the creative freedom! As a designer, I have the power to create the looks I can’t find in stores, and take an active role in deciding how I present myself to the world, instead of having to choose from preselected options at the mall or a department store.
Please tell me anything else about Rubies Rising or yourself that I did not ask!
I love your blog name!

@RubiesRising Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
www.rubiesrising.com


By Cushena Sheree of Fa'shena's Styling