Monday, March 4, 2013

CIAA 2013 WRAP UP: Aww Silky Silky Now

Charlotte, NC has been home to the CIAA tournament for the past 8 years. And just as in years past, they've brought partying crowds, adoring fans, and amazing fashion!

This years' 2013 CIAA tournament, parties, and fashion did not disappoint. Celebrities, old and new school, were out in full effect. The clubs and venues were filled to capacity, whether it was a day party or an all nighter. Males and females dressed for every occasion, shiny shoes, skin tight dresses, pleated jeans, khakis, designer this and designer that.







However, there were two local designers that flooded my IG timeline with custom pieces that were simply amazing. These designers held their own up against poplar labels and designers. Futhermore, they made their mark amongst the Charlotteans and out of towners. I was thoroughly impressed with what I've seen from these two. They had me checking my IG as I was out on the town, to see what the next look was going to be, and I must say, they wowed me with each and every one of them.

So who are these up and coming designers that are forever etched in the history of the 2013 CIAA fashion scene? They are the CEO/Owners of the clothing line by the name of SilkFalsetto. The ladies behind these custom designs are "Naomi" and Dessaka Lockhart. These ladies absolutely blew my mind with their pieces.




Did I mention that they styled our very own Yasmin Young? Check the pics below and you will see EXACTLY what I'm talking about or you may want to visit their website at www.silkfalsetto.webs.com. You may also want to follow them on twitter and Facebook @SilkFalsetto, As well as their individual Instagrams @delockhar and @picturedis_.

Don't think about it, DO IT! It's customized, it's affordable, why not? Keep up the good work ladies, I'm definitely looking forward to more of your fabulous creations.








By Dee PoeticMamii