Wednesday, March 20, 2013

INTERVIEW: Dulcet and Bella Makeup Bar Owner, Shola Adeosun

I recently met with Miss Shola Adeosun, CEO/Owner of Dulcet and Bella Makeup Bar, to discuss her life as a single mom, her brand, and Makeup Artistry.Let me first start by saying, that, as I walked into Dulcet and Bella Makeup Bar, the mood was serene and peaceful as I was greeted by a tall, stunningly beautiful woman. Miss Shola was definitely on her A game. Her makeup and outfit were flawless. And when she spoke she had confidence and enthusiasm as she expressed her passion for her business and the love of her 7 year old son. She also shared the rewards and challenges of having both.Enjoy the interview below.

TKHC: Where are you from? I am from New York but I have been in North Carolina for 10 years.

TKHC: What made you want to do makeup and get into the beauty business? I have always loved makeup. As a young girl, I used to sit and watch my mom put on her makeup. I would do family and friends makeup and discovered that I had a natural gift. So, I turned my hobby into a paycheck.
TKHC: What sets you apart from other MUA's(Makeup Artist)? I'm always coming up with something different. I don't follow trends. I love to travel and have makeup parties. I have gone to events from Atlanta to Florida promoting my business. That's how I make my money so I treat it like a business, and I am very serious about my business.

TKHC: What services do you provide? I provide makeup artistry for weddings, special events, and image consultations, as well as special effects makeup. I also have makeup classes and makeup parties.

TKHC: What do you hope to accomplish with your business? I want to build my brand and expand across the states, locally and nationally.

TKHC: What's your specialty? I like making people look and feel fabulous. I can style and dress them as well as Makeup Artistry. I love empowering people by showing their inner and outer beauty.

TKHC: Tell me about Shola Adeosun, who is she? I am a young, ambitious, and motivated individual. I set goals and accomplish them. I came from corporate america where I learned a lot things that I apply to my business. I am a single mom of a 7 yr old son and he is my everything. I was a teen mom that turned my negative into a positive. I also realize that as a single mom that I have to work ten times harder. There is no such thing as a day off. Even though you get tired, I never give up because this is MY business

TKHC: What would we surprised to know about you? My hidden talent is singing. I love music but I knew that pursing a singing career would take me away from my makeup business.
 

TKHC: How do you juggle being a single mom and an entrepreneur? I have a great support system. My son's father is very supportive as well and says "Whatever I can do to help support you and your business, I will." I make sure that I surprise my son for lunch or take him on a mother/son date to make him feel special. I won't take appointments on certain days and create many different ways to make sure that I put my son first.

  
TKHC: How do you stay organized? I have an intern assistant by the name of Blessing Ndon. Whom of which herself is in school at UNC-Charlotte for special effects makeup artistry. She also checks emails and takes calls which is a big help.I thoroughly enjoyed my interview with Shola as I truly experienced her joy and determination to be successful at what she does. Her eyes lit up as she spoke of putting her son first and growing her business, Shola far exceeds the statistics and stigmas that are attached to a young single mom. Also as we wrapped, I had the pleasure of meeting her assistant Blessing. She was a very beautiful, polite, yet soft spoken girl that shared her passion for special effects makeup. It was truly an honor and pleasure to be in the presence of them both. For more information and services offered by Shola,CEO/MUA of Dulcet and Bella Makeup Bar, please visit, www.dulcetandbella.com Twitter: @dulcetbellallc Facebook: dulcetbella Email: dulcetandbella@gmail.com






By Dee PoeticMamii